Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on February 19, 2019.

MINUTE OF THE
KINTORE AND DISTRICT COMMUNITY COUNCIL

Held 7.00pm on 19th February, 2019 in Kintore Primary School

Present:
Fiona Cooper, Ken McEwen, Joan Thomson, Kenny Thomson, John Thomson, Ann Marston, Lesley Monaghan, Sheila Gray. Members of the public: Dave Monaghan, Steve Wood, Astley Hastings, Lorna Anderson, Ms C Maltin, M Roberston, Shena Rattary, and John Morrison. Cllrs Martin Ford, Fergus Hood, Glen Reid and Neil Baillie PC Steve Middleton, PC James Stewart.

Apologies:
Jess Lumsden, Paul Davidson, Drew Cullinane and Cllr Dominic Lonchay.

Fiona welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Presentation to PC Steve Middleton after retiring from the Police after 30 years Service.
We would like to thank Steve for a fantastic job he has done for Kintore Community Council.

Police report

Community Policing Priorities
Antisocial behaviour, Violence and Disorder:

At 1915 hours on 19th January 2019, 3 youths were captured on CCTV vandalising an outside noticeboard at Kintore Primary School. The individuals have not been identified as yet and enquiry is on-going.

During the early hours of 27 January 2019, a 45 year old local male was assaulted whilst leaving a house party in McFadden Crescent Kintore. There is a named suspect from out with the local area and enquiries are ongoing.

On 29th January, a 17 year old male was charged with possession of cannabis having been found smoking it in a car parked on Carnie Road, Kintore.

On 12 February 2019, a 17 year old local youth was charged with assault of another youth whilst taking a taxi together home through Kintore.

Acquisitive Crime:

It should be noted that there have been no reported shoplifting during this period which is quite unusual. This is in part due to the fact that a number of individuals from out with the area were charged with in excess of 30 shoplifting towards the end of last month covering crimes in both the City and the Shire. These individuals were reported to the PF by officers from the Garioch Local Policing Team and a number were remanded. At this time vehicles were also taken possession of that were used to transport the individuals to the area to commit the crimes.

Road Safety and Road Crime:

On 11 February, a 22 year old male from Ellon was charged with drink driving, careless driving, failing to stop along with a number of other traffic offences on the Midmill to Cottown Road.

On 13 February 2019, a 30 year old male from Inverurie was charged with being unfit to drive due to drugs whilst driving on the A96 outside Kintore.

Community Engagement and Reassurance:

Please remember winter is not over yet and therefore remain prepared for any change later in the month.

James advised that he has received complaints regarding stagecoach Bus 37 parking in the restricted zone opposite station garage. His investigation is ongoing and he will report back at a future meeting.


Declaration of Interest

Fiona advised that at a recent Community Council training event, declaration of Interest was discussed. It is the duty of a community council member to act in the public interests at all times. This affects community council members when there is an item on the agenda whereby it could be construed that they have a personal interest. If in doubt, it is alway best to speak up prior to agenda item and then this can be dealt with as appropriate and recorded in the minutes.

Matters arising from the last minute

Planning Matters APP/2018/1223 24 flats - 4 blocks of flats on Forrest Road - This planning application was approved with a number of modifications.


Approval of the Minute of last meeting

Proposer John Thomson /Seconder Ken McEwen

Treasurers report

No Transactions since last month’s meeting, balance £10, 624.34.


Youth Report
Everything is going well.

Planning Matters

From Paul’s report, there appears to be no current planning applications which require discussion. Alterations to existing Railway bridge behind Dean’s Court was highlighted but as yet we have no information. Fiona to contact Stacey MacDonald, communications manager for Network Rail.

Kintore Station update
This will be carried on to March meeting as Stacey was unable to attend.

A96 Dualling
Ken advised ecological surveys on the Blue/violet route are currently being done. It appears that they are doing surveys 1 kilometre either side of the route. It is anticipated that Transport Scotland will decide on the route by the end of 2019. There is some political pressure to get the existing route back on the table. There was a Jacobs report in 2015 bridge on the existing bridge over the bypass could readily take a second carriage way with geotechnical moves required for the existing housing. However, this is now considered not possible and given the remit was no demolition, this is why the current route was discounted.

Cllr Baillie advised that any route which involves a flood plain like Kintore would have rigorous checks to ensure that it does not result in more flooding issues for the local residents. Once permission is received from SEPA, this will be passed onto Transport Scotland. However, at the Inverurie Flood study meeting last week, it became apparent that the data used by the modelling company was incomplete and inaccurate which added to the fact they were not using the up-to-date information in respect of climate change, is very alarming. A model is only good if the information used is correct and complete.

Cllr Hood advised that the monies used on roads by the Council is part of a finite budget whilst the Scottish Government once decided on a roads project can allocate as much monies as they wish bearing in mind that there will be less monies to other areas.

Cllr Ford advised that when planning new developments, a suds scheme is done whereby the status quo in respect of all aspects including flooding must remain the same prior to the development existing. He also highlighted the inconsistency in planning new developments whereby sometimes demotion is allowed and other times it is not as per remit for A96 Dualling. Aberdeenshire Council will be left with an additional roads costs in maintaining the old road with the likelihood of no increase in its roads budget from the Scottish government.

Given the Scottish government view on promoting public transport , reducing carbon emissions and sustaining existing farming and wildlife, this project appears to be in direct contrast.

Based on the discussions of the meeting, a letter detailing our concerns in respect of the A96 dualling from Kintore District Community Council to be done and approved at next meeting.

Correspondence
Kintore District Community Council elections will take place in June 2019.

Artwork workshops in respect of the new Kintore Railway Station took place on January 26th, 2019 at Kintore Church.

Celebration of Aberdeenshire’s year of young people legacy event will take place on 22nd February 2019 at Meldrum Academy 6-9pm.

Stagecoach Bluebird have uploaded their proposed timetables for public consultation on 15th April, 2019.
Local Development plan 2021 Main Issues Report - Drop in Event in Inverurie’s Town hall will be held on 14th March, 2019.

Aberdeenshire Council are currently making arrangements to hold their Annual networking event on Saturday 28th September and would like us to suggest topics to be covered on the day. Suggestions to be provided by 30th April, 2019.

Aberdeenshire Councillors update
Cllr Hood advised that the budget was passed on the 14th February and papers are available on the Aberdeenshire Council website. Total budget for 2019/20 is £565m and includes £299m on Education, £110m contribution NHS, £46m on Roads, landscaping and waste management etc, £41m on overheads such as IT, central office etc. Council tax increase has been kept to 3 per cent. Capital Plan of £114m was also passed and includes Kintore’s new railway station £11,821,000 and £11,750,000 on road surfaces etc. Council house rent will increase by 4.9 per cent on 1st April 2019. £14m will be spent in maintaining the upkeep of these properties and £120m will be invested over 4 years on Insulation.

Cllr Reid advised that their budget was broadly similar to that of the administration but had tried to keep some monies for young people given we just had the year of the young person, re-training of staff made redundant, lunch club trial, fund for maintaining teacher numbers and save some additional bus routes.

Cllr Ford advised that his budget was completed different to the above budgets. Council tax was put up by 4.3 per cent which meant an additional fund of 1.7m. There was no cuts to bus services, staffing levels in schools and an amount of £500,000 was allocated to social work. However, the budget did include a 17 per cent cut to roads effectively taking a 5 million maintenance holiday within the roads budget. The roads within Aberdeenshire are considered to be some of the best in Scotland and therefore this cut could be sustained. Roads can be repaired whilst reduction in staffing in Schools has a direct effect on children’s education and can never be put right.

Cllr Ford reiterated that the Council had to find cuts had to be found whatever budget was agreed. Cllr Hood confirmed that despite the cuts, the Council will still deliver a very good level of services throughout the Shire. The Roads manager provided information that the roads within the garioch area require £6.5 million spend to cover the road repairs outstanding. Cllr Ford stated that the current funding system does not allow the council to provide the services it is expected to provide.

Cllr Reid advised that Kintore along with Blackburn and Kemnay will be getting the summer garden waste scheme. To assist with recycling issues, within the summer months, once a week, garden waste will be collected from a central point in Kintore. Repairs to the Kintore Public Hall of £35,000 have been approved and should happen sooner rather than later.

Fountain will be finished by end of February and will operate from May to September 24hours a day. Cllr Reid suggested that the official opening should be May 25th, the day of the Kintore Summer Festival. Kintore Golf club held a members meeting with Network Rail who have grave concerns when the level crossing is closed for 13 weeks.

The network rail workers will be based in Inverurie and will therefore be able to access the golf club and the golf club will provide catering. In addition, Network rail will support costs in respect of signage for the golf club and help with PR. John Thomson raised the issue of emergency access being significantly delayed during these 13 weeks and proposed to have a defibrillator at the green keepers hut.

Green keepers are in radio contact at all times and could facilitate help during the 13 week road closure. Cllr Reid said he would look into this and report back. Cllr Reid confirmed he was still working on getting railings installed at Kintore Primary school but information from a recent traffic study needs to be looked at again and the relevant figures subtracted.

Kintore Action Report
Due to lack of time, it was agreed to put this on the agenda for the next meeting. Ken McEwen had produced a document which would be a good starting point. A short discussion highlighted the issues with engaging with the community to ascertain what facilities are required and indeed those which may be viable as oppose to a simple wish list.

Cllr Baillie advised that Inverurie held a Groupfest event which allowed local groups to network between themselves and showcase their group to the public. On-line surveys are a good source but a large part of the local population cannot access these, therefore multiple sources should be used.

AOCB
A local resident advised that a pothole and sunken drain cover has yet to be repaired despite frequent visits/ phone calls to the council requesting the work to be done. The resident was advised to report this online using the council online service and contact Cllr Reid to follow up on her behalf.

Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on March 19, 2019.

MINUTE OF THE
KINTORE AND DISTRICT COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Held 7.00pm on 19th March, 2019 in Kintore Primary School

Present:
Fiona Cooper, Ken McEwen, Drew Cullinane, John Thomson, Ann Marston, Sheila Gray. Cllrs Martin Ford, Fergus Hood, Glen Reid and Dominic Lonchay. Stacey MacDonald and Olivia Hogan from Network Rail. Maria Glendinning from Kemnay Academy.

Apologies:
Jess Lumsden, Paul Davidson, Joan Thomson, Kenny Thomson, Lesley Monaghan Dave Monaghan, PC James Stewart.

Fiona welcomed everyone to the meeting.

1. Police report
Community Policing Priorities
Antisocial behaviour, Violence and Disorder:
On 17 February 2019, a 27 year old local male was charged with a Breach of the Peace by shouting and swearing whilst at the Square, Kintore.

On 24 February 2019, a 39 year old male from Blackburn was charged with a number of offences relating to picking up a knife and placing it into the door of the Square Bar, causing a Breach of the Peace and resisting arrest, whilst heavily intoxicated. He was kept as a custody for court.

On 26th February 2019, there was vandalism to a car parked at the Co-op, Midmill, Kintore whereby a car door was opened against the wing mirrors of a parked car. When the driver was challenged he banged the wing mirror with his door a number of times more. Enquiry is ongoing.

On 5th March 2019, there was a report of an 11year old juvenile having been assaulted by another juvenile outside Kintore Primary School. Enquiries are ongoing with positive line of enquiry.

During last month Drug Search Warrants have been executed twice at the same address in Henderson Drive, Kintore. Herbal Cannabis, Cannabis Oil and in excess of £3,000 in cash was recovered. A 23 year old male has been charged accordingly.

There has been one report of domestic assault with a 22 year old male charged.

Acquisitive Crime:
On 17 February 2019, a 53 year old local female was charged with a taxi fraud having failed to payoff a taxi from Aberdeen to Kintore.

Between 3 and 4 March 2019, the door lock was removed from a motor car parked in the driveway of an address at Castlepark Grove, Kintore. Enquiries are ongoing.

Between 4 and 5 March 2019, a theft of fuel from a bus belonging to Central Coaches occurred at the yard at C and M McDonald, Kintore. Enquiries are ongoing.

Between 11 and 12 March 2019, there was a report of the bottom front grill and fog lights having been removed off a VW Polo parked in Eastburn Road, Kintore. Enquiry is ongoing and there appears to be an increase in this type of crime recently within Garioch and surrounds and would ask that all such crimes are reported.

Road Safety and Road Crime:
On 25 February 2019, a male from Buckie was charged with a number of offences around the roadworthiness of his vehicle on the A96. He was also found in possession of a small amount of cannabis.

One lorry driver was charged with tachograph offences, another motorist was charged with failing to secure his trailer properly and another for having an insecure load, all on the A96.

Community Engagement and Reassurance:
Keeping hold of your bike should be easy. Most of us take to the roads as the better weather approaches so here are some tips to hold onto yours:
• Get a good quality bike lock - the more expensive your bike, the more you should spend. A good guide is to spend 10-20% of the cost of the bike on the lock. Solid “D” locks offer good protection.
• Ideally the lock should have the Secured by Design Award or the Solid Secure Award.
• Use the lock !! - even if popping into the shops for 2 minutes, many thefts are opportunistic.
• Lock to the best solid object you can find such as a cycle stand, railing or other street furniture. Ensure that the bike and lock cannot simply be lifted over the object.
• Consider using a stand-alone alarm (from £2) or padlock with a built in alarm.
• Leave your bike where it can easily be seen by others or under CCTV surveillance.
• Remove anything that can’t be secured, lamps, pumps, quick release saddles etc.
• Secure quick release wheels with your main lock or a separate cable which should also have the Secured by design award or the Solid Secure Award.
• Use Setectamark, Cremark, Veloeye, or other bike marking product and use visible sticker to advise the bike is security marked.
• If you regularly park it away from home and in the same location (e.g.work) ask your employer, council etc. if they would consider installing bike security lockers.
• If you store the bike in a shed or garage fit a ground or wall anchor and lock your bike to it.

Issues raised at the meeting for James to address:
• 37 Bus parking inappropriately
• High sided vehicles causing difficulties in leaving the Lockburn Road junction
• Allendale gardens - Entrance being narrowed by parking vehicles causing access issues.

2. Matters arising from the last minute
Cllr Reid referred to an item under AOCB and advised the pothole is now in the system and the Council has examined the manhole cover and deemed it safe. Cllr Reid to contact resident and advise that Scottish Water should now be contacted to take matters further.

3. Approval of the Minute of last meeting
Proposer Ken McEwen/Seconder John Thomson

4. Treasurers report
All information is currently being compiled for this years accounts as at 31st March, 2019. Bank balance as at 4/3/19 was £10,609.34.

5. Youth Report
All groups are going well. P5- P7 group have been making Bat and Bird houses to be displayed in Gauchill Woods. The Council has requested new designs for welcome signs to be done at Gauchill Woods which the children have done. Rachel is going into primary school after Easter to meet the current P4 pupils who will be able to visit the Bothie for various events this term in preparation of joining the junior group after summer.

6. Planning Matters
Application No Details Action by KDCC
App/2019/0489 Erection of Garage None Required
App/2019/0373 Formation of Battery Energy Storage Compound Council officers already have raised objections
APP/2018/3077 Formation of Football Pitch and Vehicular Access None Required

7. Kemnay Academy Update
Marie Glendinning, Depute Rector from Kemnay Academy advised that the academy would like to strengthen their connections to the community by attending Community Council meetings herself along with a pupil on some occasions. Marie advised that Kemnay Academy is part of pilot recycling scheme with Aberdeenshire Council looking at drafting up a waste strategy within schools.

First phase has been in the class room. It hoped that this will have a knock on effect in terms of litter. A Pupil Voice Council is having a conference in June 2019 at a local cafe in Kemnay where a couple of large issues will be discussed including Kemnay Academy values meeting the Rights of the Child.

Town Planning initiative has also been done, allowing some pupils to engage with council officers re the local development plan for Kemnay for future social and recreation requirements. This will also be carried out with Blackburn and Kintore maps in the future.

8. Kintore Railway Station/Dualling of the Track
Stacey handed out leaflets detailing the dates of the closure of the track and how it is going to work. It is therefore crucial for passengers to check their journey and prepare for how the changes will effect them. There is two drop in centres being held at Kintore Golf Club on Tuesday 16th April and Thursday 25th April, open to everyone between 4pm until 7pm. Stacey confirmed the level crossing will be closed for 11 weeks, i.e. 1st June until the 18th August 2019.

However, during the month of July, pedestrians access will be allowed. Stacey also advised that during April the transport police will be monitoring crossing usage to gain valuable insight as to where people are travelling to and from. Stacey confirmed she would provide Ken with soft copies of all documentation to be promoted on the Kintore website.

In respect of Kintore Station, Stacey confirmed that the building of the platforms and associated works will be done during the closure of the line. Biggest issue is to ensure that the Aberdeen side is completed during the closure as there will be no access after the line is re-opened. Thereafter, those works will continue alongside works for the car park and the footbridge with lifts. Stacey said they will announce the contract for the building of Kintore Station at the end of April and construction will start after this, taking approximately 12 months., making opening date of station May 2020.

Cllr Ford expressed his dismay at the delay of the opening of the station and enquired as to what caused this to happen. Stacey responded that it was due to a land timing issue whereby you cannot build on a land currently being used for storage and a change in the management of the funding to transport Scotland. Cllr Ford requested that Kintore Station be added to the time table in December 2019 so that if works were finished prior to May 2021, the station could open without waiting until the new timetable in May. Stacey confirmed that she would investigate this and come back with an answer.

Cllr Reid advised that he has received emails from Paul Finch, (Strategic Transportation Project Manager at Aberdeenshire Council) confirming that it was a 9 month build resulting in an opening date of December 2019 and this information of a 12 month build was completely out of the blue.

Cllr Hood confirmed that all the reports they have even been given had the December 2019 date as opening of Kintore Station. Cllr Ford advised that Paul Finch had stated that there were many advantages as having one client for the dualling of the track and Kintore Station but not at the expense of a 6 month delay in the opening of station which has now arisen.

The question re land timing was confusing as this must have been addressed when the project was initially configured. Stacey confirmed she would find out if the contact length could be shortened and the inclusion of Kintore Station in the December 2019 timetable so as to not loose the whole six months.

Cllr Hood also enquired as Aberdeenshire Council is no longer the client, has the council also lost control of the budget which again Stacey confirmed she would find out. Cllr Reid asked for clarification that any delay in opening the station would not result in additional disruptions for Kintore Residents.

Sheila asked for clarification re house checks and enquired why she had received no information given she is so close to the track. Stacey to take address details so she could look into this and report back.

Diversion signage will include the golf club is open. John Thomson advised that the cabin at the top of the 11th hole would be a good place for a defibrilllator. Stacey is going to enquire with the Scottish Ambulance service re prices of recommended Defibrillators and advise accordingly. Cllr Hood stated that if a recommended defibrillator was used, the ambulance paramedic could download data of what has been happening with the patience prior to their arrival which would be adventageous.

9. A96 Dualling
Feedback from Ken’s letter was that this route was not in our area. However, the bridge structure would very much be in our area. KDCC still need to take a stance and Fiona will try one more time to engage with the Kintore residents as to opinion based on both the orange and Blue/green/violet routes and report back once received. Cllr Lonchay confirmed that at the Area committee meeting today Aberdeenshire Council stance was for the route to stay as close to existing route.

10.Correpondence
Invitation to take part in “Doors open Day 2019. The largest architectural event in Scotland where historic buildings that are not normally open to the public are opened on 14th and 15th September. It was agreed to put the Town House in Kintore forward.

The Scottish Government has asked Community Councils to share details of a consultation re Animal Health and Welfare Act. It is seeking views on proposals to strengthen enforcement of animal welfare legislation. Details to be put on Kintore Website.

Community Alcohol and Drugs partnership event being held in the Acorn Centre in Inverurie at 2.30 pm and 6pm on 2nd of April 2019.

There is vacancy on the Aberdeen outside local access Forum which deals with land reform. Contact Drew if interested for more details.

Community Councils Elections - Evening has been booked at the Bothie 10th June 6pm - 8pm should a ballot be required. More details to follow.

11.Aberdeenshire Councillors update
Cllr Ford updated the Community Council on matters discussed at the Garioch Area Committee. Annual works programme for landscape services and Roads team was presented and details are now available online.
There was a long debate on ways to reduce Child poverty, with 7,023 children identified as living in poverty within this area.

The councillors were asked to support a strategy to help officers communicate effectively with the parents of these children. There is a role for the Academy in respect of updating the free School meals programme. Teachers can identify children requiring support.

Marie advised that Kemnay Academy is currently being signed up by the local foodbank to enable food vouchers to be given to families in need. In addition to this, a large amount of stationery has been purchased allowing a box of pencils, rulers etc. to be accessible in each class room.

Cllr Hood also advised that Kintore Public Hall outside repairs can now proceed. As it is a confidential paper no further details can be given at this time.

Cllr Lonchay and Cllr Reid advised that funds were available for strategic projects which are shown to help our area. Further details to be sent to Fiona.

Cllr Reid is still working on getting railings installed at Kintore Primary School. He has now got results from the traffic survey which clearly shows there is an issue with speeding vehicles.

12. Kintore Action Report
Will be discussed at a future meeting.

13.AOCB
Ainslie Reid advised that he has another 3 contributors this year for the floral displays. He presented Fiona with a card which has been sent to all those who contribute to floral display throughout the year. Fiona asked if he could forward details of the companies so that we can formally thank them on the Kintore Website/ Kintore Konnect.

Ken advised that the Scottish Government has announced a £50m town centre re-generation fund. Once Aberdeenshire Council have further details, they will let us know how we can apply for monies for the Town house.

Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on January 15, 2019.

Minutes of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on January 15, 2019. Read More...

Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on October 18, 2018.

Minutes of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on October 16, 2018. Read More...

Minutes of the meeting for 15 May 2017

Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on May 15, 2018. Read More...

Minutes of Meeting for 17 April 2018

Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on April 17, 2018. Read More...

Minutes of meeting for 20 March 2018

Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on March 20, 2018. Read More...

Minutes of meeting for 20 February 2018

Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on February 20, 2018. Read More...

Minutes of AGM and meeting for September 19, 2017

Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on September 19, 2017. Read More...

Minutes of meeting for 17 January 2017

Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on January 17, 2017. Read More...

Minutes of meeting for 16 August 2016

Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on August 16, 2016. Read More...

Minutes of meeting for 21 June 2016

Minutes of of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on June 21, 2016. Read More...
© 2001-2019 kintore.org.uk Contact us