Minutes of Kintore & District Community Council meeting on July 16, 2019

Minute of Kintore and District Community Council
Held 7.00pm on 16 July 2019 in Kintore Primary School

Present:
Ken McEwen, Drew Cullinane, Kenny Thomson, Ann Marston, John Thomson, Derek Logan, Paul Davison
Councillors: Glen Reid
Police: No police in attendance

1. Apologies:
Fiona Cooper, Cllr Fergus Hood, Cllr Dominic Lonchay

2. Police report
Two people charged with possession of cannabis. Incident at The Square. Bicycles should be secured. Rural Watch Scotland promoted for rural residents.

3. Declaration of interest:
Ken declared an interest in the A96 dualling in that his house is about 1km from the indicative route.

4 Minutes of the previous meeting:
Kenny pointed out that Alison Cumming should be added to those present for the previous meeting.

5. Matters arising
Ken pointed out that after all the publicity for the restarting of the fountain it appears now to have stopped. Glen Reid will check with Aberdeenshire Council area office.

Paul Davison questioned the state of the Tourist board at the back of the Town House. He felt it did not reflect well on Kintore. Glen Reid to check this with Aberdeenshire Council area office and Visit Aberdeenshire.

Concern was expressed about grass cutting and bunds.

Sheila mentioned that lights are off in some of the streets. Glen wondered if this was part of the replacement with LED lights, but will check it out.

Lack of thread should read tread.

Looking for volunteers for fountain. Ken will put this on kintore.org.uk and Facebook.

Floral planters have been moved.

6. Approval of minutes
Kenny approved and Drew seconded

7. Treasurer’s report
Balance for community council account £5545.69. Agreed to pay towards the benches restoration for the station, this cheque has now come out.

Farmer at Tavelty rescued the old station signs, so one will go on the new station and the other will go to the Garioch Heritage Centre.

Request has gone to the flood fund for reimbursement of installation of the generator at the public hall.
Bought two stand-alone gas burners for events.

Need bank account signatories. Kenny will sort out.

Floral account now separate.

8. Youth report
Work in progress by three Action Kintore volunteers (Brian Johnstone, Kenny Thomson and Drew Cullinane) to repair cracks in the render of The Bothie building.

9. Planning
Paul detailed some of the current planning applications. Planning approval for the McDonald’s football pitches.

10. A96 Dualling
Draft letter revised has now been submitted to Transport Scotland and Cabinet Secretary.

11. Aberdeenshire Councillors update
Glen confirmed the manhole near the Torryburn has been fixed. Gaughill Wood issues investigated. Paul thanked Glen for getting action on Cottown road.

12. AOCB
Glen, as a resident, not a councillor, said that he was speaking to a Wildcat Cardiac Arrest Responder from the Sandpiper Trust, who said that the provision of defibrillators in Kintore was poor. Glen wondered if this was something that the community council would want to get involved with. The bowling club and dentist have defibrillators, but internal and not accessible outside their opening hours. There are no defibrillators in schools. Glen is going to ask to get one at the station. Should we write to bowling club, dentist and church to ask if the defibrillators can be made public. Glen will invite his contact to the next meeting.

17. Date of next meeting AGM 17 September 2019.
© 2001-2019 kintore.org.uk Contact us