Minutes of meeting for 15 November 2016

KINTORE AND DISTRICT COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING 7.00pm on Tuesday 15 November 2016 in Kintore Primary School

Approved Minute of Meeting

PRESENT
B Johnstone, L Monaghan, J Thomson, K Thomson, A Marston, S Gray, K McEwen, G Reid, Cllr Martin Ford, Cllr Nan Cullinane, Cllr Fergus Hood
APOLOGIES Jess Lumsden
WELCOME Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

POLICE REPORT
Constable Steven Middleton attended and read the following Police Report
1. LOCAL INTEREST INFORMATION
On 21 October 2016, there was a report of Theft of property from within a car on Brae Crescent, Kintore. Enquiries are ongoing.

On 22 October there was a report of an incident involving the Theft of a motor car, various motoring offences, and a breach of the peace around Brae Crescent, Kintore. A young male has been charged in connection with this.
Also on this date, a female in her 80's was charged with Dangerous Driving by leaving Kintore and heading in the direction of oncoming traffic on the A96.

Between 24 and 25 October a vandalism was reported at the Post Office, Northern Road, Kintore whereby a window was smashed. This remains undetected.

The following day a window pane was removed from the Co-op, Northern Road, Kintore. This is also undetected to date and may be connected to the above incident.

On 4 November 2016, a young local male was issued with an anti-social behaviour warning due to "wheel spinning" his car within the car park at Kintore Primary.

Between 6 and 7 November there was a break in to an address at The Hill, Kintore during which time 3 moto-bikes and 4 helmets were stolen. Enquiries are ongoing.

On 12 November a male was reported for dangerous driving on the B977 which included going around a roundabout the wrong way.

There have also been a number of motorists charged with various road traffic offences including speeding on the A96, no MOT and no insurance.



ONGOING LOCAL / FORCE-WIDE ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
2. There have been a number of calls recently around the new housing at Brae Crescent, Kintore where attention remains on a couple of persons housed there who appear to be attracting individuals from outside the area. We will continue to monitor this and take any steps that are deemed necessary to make sure their actions do not disturb the rest of the neighbourhood.

Both Halloween and bonfire night were relatively quiet affairs, helped in part by the inclement weather.
Please remember to leave security lights on and lock doors when out and at night time as opportunist car criminals continue to target all parts of the City and Shire.

PRESENTATION
Margaret Garden and Sandra Lowson from the Save Bennachie Campaign , gave a presentation on their campaign to protect Bennachie from the A96 dual carriageway routing.

Transport Scotland is progressing the programme to upgrade the A96 between Aberdeen and Inverness to dual carriageway standard by 2030.

A number of route options near Inverurie are being considered and some of these encroach upon Bennachie and its surrounding area.

The Save Bennachie Alliance is working to protect and defend Bennachie and its surrounding area from any encroachment by the new A96 dual carriageway.

We want to engage with all stakeholders to ensure that they understand the local concerns about the environmental and human impact of each route and highlight the benefits of the alternative routes.
The CC confirmed our unanimously support for their campaign to protect Bennachie and surrounding area.
Details on the route options and how to support the Save Bennachie Campaign can be found on their website www.savebennachie.com

MINUTE OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Minutes were approved by Sheila Gray and seconded by Kenny Thomson

MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTE
  • Town Park – Nothing to report other that there are still ongoing discussions around the Kemnay Road junction onto the B987
  • East Kintore Development – We still await revised proposals to the planning application following the objections raised regarding flood protection and roads.
    • Town House, and Fountain –The Council shall continue to progress a solution for the fountain repairs. The next stage regarding the Town House is for a Community Asset Transfer (CAT) application to be made.
    • Kintore Floods Update - Chairman attended “Lessons Learned” meeting with Officers form Emergency Planning Team, Scottish floods Forum and members from all flood affected areas, Three Good and Bad experienced from each area were submitted on post it notes and the verbally described by each person. These will be collated into a report and circulated.
    • Community Resilience Planning Comments were received back from Emergency Planning Officer with confirmation that, with simple instructions, we will not be liable for third party injuries. Emergency generator cheque received from SSE, so meetings to be arranged to complete CRP and form a project team for generator purchase and installation.
    • Community Arts Project There are now a number of interested people so we need to arrange meeting to discuss , local projects and have specifically asked Doug Milne, Area Manager, what the timing is for the Railway Station and what the budget is.
  • 2017 Fireworks Display Another good display by Fireworx Scotland and Pyromancy, Bonfire by scouts could have been better Relatively good turnout, supported by many volunteers from Kintore & Kemnay and Blackburn Rotary’s, local residents, Scouts, BB, Used the pavilion, which was in a good clean condition, the new, purchased gazebos a success, Financially, the poor weather resulted in reduced attendance numbers, we took £2431.80 on the night, including cash donation from O’Look. Donations from Lawie & Co and eBlast were received but other Kintore businesses were unable to donate due to the current business climate. Our total expenditure, yet to be finalised will be around £2500 will result in a small loss on the night, which will be covered from our surplus from last year. Improved weather and better donations next year will hopefully improve this. There have already been suggestions made to improve the event and these “lessons learned “will be reviewed for next year.
    • BT Broadband update. BT confirmed that homes further than 1200 metres from the exchange, albeit connected via the copper lines, will NOT be able to achieve superfast broadband speeds. Resulting in homes close to the exchange achieving 50MB, but those beyond the 1200 metres struggle to get 10MB, some even only getting 2-3MB. Cllr Hood confirmed his disappointment with the £16M investment made by the council to BT for Superfast Broadband and personally believes they have been misled by BT. The Council still await formal answers from BT to the questions raised at the BT and Council meeting and this will be reviewed at further Council meeting.

TREASURERS REPORT
Bank Balance is £7,524, it was agreed that we again make a donation of £ 100 to each of the senior citizen homes, Provost Lawrence and Airlie House for their Xmas festivities.

YOUTH REPORT
The Bothie continues with its regular activities with an additional volunteer coming forward to help with Monday Sessions. Although funding was received from Nexen to support the youth projects, further funding applications are in preparation, with help from Dawn Brown from the Garioch Partnership, for submission to the Lottery to fund other projects.

PLANNING MATTERS
24.10 Gauchill Road, Trees protected by TPO, 50 trees to be felled to allow clearance of overhead lines.
7.11 Retrospective application for change of use to storage at Land to South of Kirkwood Commercial Park, Inverurie

CORRESPONDENCE
A thank you from Knight Frank was received following their presentation on the Suzuki garage expansions and advise they expect to lodge application around end of November.

Paul Davidson, emailed summary of changes to Tuach Hill P1 areas over the years.

Alison Cumming sent a summary of Supporting Communities presentations on Community Engagement Strategy, SEPA’s role in Flood Risk Management, Gavin Penman. Project Manager, Aberdeenshire Council, presented on Milder & Wetter weather patterns and how do we prepare. Road Classifications and how they are managed.

Alison McCall & Geoff Marsden sent in historical extracts relating to the Town House for archives.

Information was received informing of Xmas lights switch on Sat 3rd December, at the Square.

Email was received requesting our opinion, regarding the Council’s proposal, NOT to place an option on the land for an Academy at Kintore at a cost of £100,000

Email requesting registration of PAD on Scottish Ambulance website, now done

ABERDEENSHIRE COUNCILLORS’ UPDATE
The councillors advised that the consideration regarding retaining the option to purchase the land identified for a potential academy site or expansion of the Primary School, at a cost of £100,000, was deferred and have asked for further information. The site is allocated in the LDP for education use and is therefore protected to some extent within the planning process, but does not guarantee its availability. They have also asked for a forecast of future school role capacity requirements. This will then be considered further. The councillors are concerned that a repeat of the underestimation of school role is not repeated and therefore are keen to get this information to decide on whether to retain the site or not.

Kintore Station still has a funding gap of around £3M and this will be reviewed at the forthcoming council meeting.
The new Kintore Primary school is due to open this week ahead of schedule and the new Head Teacher is Mr.Scott Calder

Kintore Konnect article was submitted 2nd November for Dec edition

DATE OF NEXT MEETING
It was agreed that we have a break and hold the next meeting in January, which will be the third Tuesday - 17th.
© 2001-2016 kintore.org.uk Contact us